Monday, February 9, 2009

The Antichrist Stole My Name

It may not have escaped your notice that the URL at this site, http://moonslurpies.blogspot.com/, doesn't match the title on the header, Moon Food. That's not on purpose, of course: when I was picking blog names, Moon Food was already taken. So, proceeding with the mental image of a plethora of hair-thin straws sucking up the subtle energies of every conscious being on Earth into the Moon's puckered lips, I went with moonslurpies and the rest, as they say, was history. (As a side note, I'll have a graphic of that up, just as soon as I figure out how to use the image processing software my graphic designer friend lent me (and I'm making no promises for how soon that will be.))

It occurred to me recently (and yes I know you'll be scratching your heads wondering why this didn't occur to me to do before, at the moment even, but then mind is funny that way) to check out what was going on at the nemesis who'd snatched away my brilliant idea for a blog name before I'd even thought of it. Behold, then http://moonfood. blogspot.com/, the Mega site of Bible studies and information.

I've got to say, that's given me a serious WTF!? moment. What does being Moon Food have to do with Biblical prophecy?

Well, a great deal I should imagine, though I'm not sure if however many people actually visit this gargantuan accumulation of lizard shit (a lot, I should imagine, though a visit counter is conspicuously absent) would really get the joke. Think any of them have even heard of Gurdjieff? No, neither do I. Visitors might raise an eyebrow at the URL, shrug, and go back to reading about the Antrichrist, how to pick a church, and why you shouldn't swear. Whoever put the site up, however, no doubt does get the joke ... and I imagine they think it quite a good one, at that.

Well har dee har har. Good one. But this blog's only been around for a few months, and it's already very near the top of search headings for Moon Food, where my presurper is nowhere to be found. Who's laughing now?

Let me make it clear, here, for anyone who hasn't heard me say it before: the faithful Christians who believe so strongly in the return of the Antichrist, are in fact serving that Antichrist. They don't know that, of course. They think they're fighting him in their day to day lives and preparing for the day when they'll be fighting him for real. What they don't realize is that the energy focused by this conflict creates exactly the conditions that allow an Antichrist to rise in the first place. Their efforts to eradicate his influence within society instead cause that influence to permeate it, preparing the ground as it were, until finally we get something like this:


Congratulations, bozos. Now you'll get that fight you've been waiting for. And the Moon will be sucking it all up and loving every drop of it.

No comments: